Chell Instruments have particular expertise in the manufacture of pressure, vacuum and gas flow measurement & control solutions. Their systems are designed by engineers for use by engineers and built at their facility in Norfolk, where they have their own metal fabrication and electronics workshops, giving them total control over quality and performance.
The products manufactured by Chell Instruments can range from a simple control / display system for a transducer, right through to a full custom built, turn-key installation. Particular attention is paid to the reliability of any system they design & build. For example, Electricity Generators in the UK often experience a problem with air getting into the turbine, reducing efficiency. Chell Instruments developed a sensor system to monitor this condition and many of these devices have now been in service for nearly 30 years.
In addition to their own manufactured products, Chell Instruments are distributors for some of the world’s leading sensor manufacturers and on their stand this year you will find products from:-
- TE Connectivity – PSI pressure scanners and data acquisition systems.
- Fluke – molbloc & molbox flow calibration systems, pressure calibrators & primary pressure balances.
- Sensirion – New mass flow sensors for gas and liquids, featuring very fast response times and high accuracy.
- Teledyne Hastings – Mass flow meters, controllers and vacuum gauges.
- Inficon – Vacuum sensors to measure absolute pressures from atmosphere down to ultra high vacuum.
- SAES Pure Gas – Gas purifiers to remove impurities from your process gas. SAES have recently introduced a new palladium hydrogen diffuser.
Chell Instruments also have their own in-house UKAS accredited (BS 17025:2005) calibration laboratory that has some of the lowest uncertainties in the country outside the National Standards, so that sensors purchased from them will have the highest measurement integrity. They can even offer an on-site instrument calibration service, in order to keep your plant downtime to an absolute minimum.
Chell Instruments sell into a wide variety of applications and their systems and instrumentation is widely used in the pharmaceutical, aerospace, gas turbine, nuclear power, automotive and process control industries.