Due to the high demand for the training course ‘Accelerometers: the truth and more’ DJB Instruments (UK) Ltd has announced new dates for the first half of the 2015 training calendar. The new courses will be held at the company’s HQ in Mildenhall Suffolk on the 3 March 2015 and again on the 24 March 2015 and will include a full factory tour, lunch, refreshments, course notes and practical demonstrations, all for just £75 per delegate.
The course content aims to assist engineers both new and experienced in theory, selection, mounting and handling of accelerometers, whilst also highlighting the pitfalls that can introduce errors to data via the use of incorrect or badly fitted cables.
Commenting on the announcement, DJB’s Managing Director, Neill Ovenden said ‘We have been amazed by the interest in this course and indeed pleased, as we do find many users don’t fully understand the importance of correct accelerometer selection and use.’.. he continued ‘the course has so far been run onsite with numerous customers as well as at training venues and we have enjoyed a diverse audience from engineers, technicans, designers, calibration and QA staff, all of whom have reported a 100% thumbs up to the value of the course content.’
In more detail the course includes:
- Principles of operation – Piezoelectric effect, materials used
- Accelerometer types and correct selection – Construction, charge output, IEPE, temperature effects, mass loading, sensitivity, common problems, pros and cons.
- Importance of correct cable use – low noise or non-low noise, what happens if you get it wrong, signal loss, tribo-electric noise, cable fixing, connectors.
- Mounting methods and which to use – stud, wax, adhesive, magnets, tape, which and why, isolation, ground loops
- Associated instrumentation – Charge amplifi ers, IEPE voltage conditioning, data acquisition.
The course, tour and lunch last for approx 4 hours and costs just £75 per delegate, spaces are limited so please book early to avoid disappoinment.
For more details about the course content and to book your place on the next course call Sales on +44 (0) 1638 712 288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org